Avanti Communications is the leading Ka-band high throughput satellite capacity partner to the communications industry in EMEA – extending and guaranteeing coverage for defence missions, enterprise solutions and critical public services. Through the HYLAS satellite fleet and partners in 118 countries, Avanti provides dedicated fixed and flexible-beam satellite connectivity, with extensive coverage across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Avanti has invested $1.2bn in a network that incorporates orbital slots in the Ka-band spectrum, satellites, ground stations, data centres and a fibre ring.
We are proud to be leading the way in connecting the unconnected as we continue with our journey of delivering on our unique point of view on the world to ‘Be More’. We believe everyone has the potential to achieve their ambitions and we are determined to continue in creating opportunities to support this.
Come and join Avanti and be part of the team that will make the difference leveraging our satellite technology that improves access to education, medicine and helps create a safe environment to live and work. Surely everyone deserves this.
Responsible for all aspects of the project, including providing technical support in implementing maintaining and troubleshooting existing equipment.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Resource and material acquisition
- Cabling (RF and network)
- Identify problems to be investigated if necessary.
- Controlling project execution supporting equipment vendors
- Tracking and reporting progress
- Analysing the results based on the achievement.
- Forecasting future trends in the project
- Daily Earth Station operations
- Earth Station spares management
- Close relation with networks team
- Support the monitoring of the status and performance of Earth Station and the remote teleports.
- Ensure reliability of equipment’s and services through various means of monitoring and control systems
- Ensure GOC Operational procedures are continually updated, followed, and implemented correctly.
- Support other engineers in producing reports on operational activities associated with Hylas Operations
- To be current with all Hylas Redmine Tickets and ensure they are regularly updated.
- Support regular Operational teleconference calls
- Ensure continued availability of Operational applications within GOC.
- Adhere to strict “Change Control Policy / Authority to Work” in place within GOC and its operational systems and areas
- Ensure correct and accurate Operational Activity logging and fault reporting is maintained at all times
- Operate and assist with any future development of the Siemens CMS application
- Maintain alarm monitoring of the Siemens CMS application resulting in continual payload monitoring for Hylas
- Keep GOC Management regularly updated on all operational Issues
- Provide support for operations testing of all new software releases pertaining to applications within the GOC
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent organisational, management and team working skills, ability to work autonomously and independently
- Knowledge of Satellite technology and RF Transmissions
- Technical degree in telecommunications.
- Knowledge of RF subsystems
- Experience of working directly with prime contractors and with the ability to discuss ideas and concepts with the prime contractor with authority
- Provide technical support for new equipment to be installed on site
- Hardware Hands-on, Installation, Start-up, Troubleshooting, Up- grade of equipment.
- Fluency in English
- Good presentation and customer facing skills
- The ability to efficiently organise and co-ordinate the workload
- Proficient in all MS Office packages and knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Excellent knowledge level of Networks, TCP/IP and associated protocols
- Excellent knowledge of Vsat Communication networks (i.e Hughes and idirect)
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme, and life assurance & private medical insurance
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding bank holidays) plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Buy or sell up to 3 holiday days per annum
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Plus, a variety of excellent Employee Funded Benefits available to you
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
By applying for this position, you consent to your personal information being shared with our recruitment outsourcing partner. For further information please visit https://www.avanti.space/privacy-policy/