Avanti Communications is the leading Ka-band high throughput satellite capacity partner to the communications industry in EMEA – extending and guaranteeing coverage for defence missions, enterprise solutions and critical public services. Through the HYLAS satellite fleet and partners in 118 countries, Avanti provides dedicated fixed and flexible-beam satellite connectivity, with extensive coverage across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Avanti has invested $1.2bn in a network that incorporates orbital slots in the Ka-band spectrum, satellites, ground stations, data centres and a fibre ring.
We are proud to be leading the way in connecting the unconnected as we continue with our journey of delivering on our unique point of view on the world to ‘Be More’. We believe everyone has the potential to achieve their ambitions and we are determined to continue in creating opportunities to support this.
Come and join Avanti and be part of the team that will make the difference leveraging our satellite technology that improves access to education, medicine and helps create a safe environment to live and work. Surely everyone deserves this?
This senior role is within the Information and Communication Technologies team responsible for the enterprise infrastructure at Avanti Communications Limited. Our main office is in Central London with satellite facilities throughout the EMEA region. This is a diverse role supporting all aspects of enterprise design, build and operational support.
Provide tactical and operational leadership to the Information and Communication Technology team defining and implementing infrastructure standards and policies as well as designing and delivering infrastructure solutions and projects that meet business requirements.
Supporting the evolution of our infrastructure, you will influence the design and strategic direction of our technology roadmap and cloud adoption. Work with Head of Shared Services and other members of this team to provide a resilient, secure environment and ensure great customer service and support to the Business.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the operational functionality and availability of the ICT infrastructure, hosted in our data centres and in the cloud, including server, virtualisation, storage, and backup services.
- Operational management of all ICT related network services including data, Wi-Fi, voice, and communication platforms.
- Identity system incidents and problems. Troubleshoot, resolve, and produce root cause analysis of these incidents.
- Maintain a highly available resilient environment, patching and upgrading software regularly.
- Ensure all systems are fully encrypted with trusted encrypted algorithms and certificates are renewed timeously.
- Ensure system security access and protects against unauthorised access, modification and destruction.
- Undertake planning and implementation of policies and programs relating to architecture, operating systems, storage, security and networks;
- Responsible for implementation and release of system and application changes with relevant change controls.
- Vendor, licensing, and budget management, including requesting of quotations, obtaining approvals, following up on orders, capacity planning and optimising of licenses and alignment to budget.
Skills & Qualifications
- A degree in an IT related subject, or equivalent experience.
- ITIL certification required.
- In depth working knowledge and support of virtualisation and containerisation technologies.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft 365 and Teams, Azure, and Azure AD.
- Experience of migrating services and systems into a cloud provider, AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Expert knowledge and ability to support highly available enterprise email and email related security services.
- Demonstrable experience of networking, including ip addressing, dns, dhcp and radius.
- Extensive experience with backup and business continuity technologies and back practices.
- Extensive experience of the administration endpoint protection technologies.
- Extensive experience in security hardening servers and network equipment, including certificate management.
- Working knowledge of scripting and automation for example bash, PowerShell and ansible.
- Knowledge of finance applications such as SAP Business One and iDocuments;
- Support and administration of SharePoint infrastructure on premise and online.
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme, and life assurance & private medical insurance
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding bank holidays) plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Buy or sell up to 3 holiday days per annum
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Plus, a variety of excellent Employee Funded Benefits available to you
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
By applying for this position, you consent to your personal information being shared with our recruitment outsourcing partner. For further information please visit https://www.avanti.space/privacy-policy/