Avanti Communications (“Avanti”) is a global multi-orbit provider of fully integrated connectivity services and solutions.
Founded in 2002, with a mission to help the world become better connected, Avanti leverages satellite technology to create custom solutions that protect communities and unlock opportunities for individuals, communities, businesses, and governments all over the world.
As a global business, Avanti is able to deliver reliable, high-performance solutions worldwide, even in the most challenging of locations. It uses its scale and expertise to connect those in hard-to-reach rural areas, improving access to education and helping to create a safe environment for people to live and work. Avanti is the leading Ka-band high-throughput satellite capacity partner to the communications industry in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
For more information, please visit avanti.space
The System Architect will act as the principal expert for the fields of HTS architecture, design and operation. You will be involved in current and upcoming Avanti projects requiring architectural design of new solutions, integration with 3rd party systems, or/design/procurement. You’ll be working within a team in which you will be a technical escalation point for the Satellite resource Management group.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Sys Engg Space function CONOPS (concept of operations) alongside this you’ll be representing the Sys Engg Space function in incident and anomaly investigations.
- Be the technical SME in system design activities focused on redesign/optimisation of system coverage, capacity, or introduction of new functionality.
- Act as a technical escalation point for the SRM sub-function as and when required.
- In coordination with SRM, contribute to the architecture, implementation and testing of business continuity & disaster recovery designs and processes, ensuring service continuity for all strategic target market segments and customers.
- Create and manage User and System Requirements in close collaboration with the project Technical Management.
Skills & Qualifications
- Postgraduate degree in telecommunications, electronics engineering, or physics with strong understanding of telecom products, networks, customer experience and managed services.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a relevant field (e.g., across large scale and diverse telco’s, across geographies and strong blend of strategic, tactical, and operational expertise)
- Excellent understanding of High Throughput Satellite (HTS) system and network architecture, design, and operation principles, including HTS payload design and operation principles.
- Proficiency in link budget analysis and link dimensioning.
- Experience of full life-cycle system design and deployment experience from user requirement gathering to eventual operational deployment and in-life management.
- Ability to convey complex technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders at varying levels of seniority.
- Understanding of the design and architecture as well as operations principles of satellite communication platforms such as iDirect, Newtec, Gilat, and Hughes hubs.
- Understanding of the architecture and operation of 2G/3G/4G/5G terrestrial cellular networks and how these can be integrated with satellite communication networks
- Previous experience with Visualyze, Satsoft, Satmaster, Matlab
- Programming/Software engineering skills
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme, and life assurance & private medical insurance
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding bank holidays) plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Buy or sell up to 3 holiday days per annum
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
By applying for this position, you consent to your personal information being shared with our recruitment outsourcing partner. For further information please visit https://www.avanti.space/privacy-policy/