Avanti Communications is the leading Ka-band high throughput satellite capacity partner to the communications industry in EMEA – extending and guaranteeing coverage for defence missions, enterprise solutions and critical public services. Through the HYLAS satellite fleet and partners in 118 countries, Avanti provides dedicated fixed and flexible-beam satellite connectivity, with extensive coverage across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Avanti has invested $1.2bn in a network that incorporates orbital slots in the Ka-band spectrum, satellites, ground stations, data centres and a fibre ring.
We are proud to be leading the way in connecting the unconnected as we continue with our journey of delivering on our unique point of view on the world to ‘Be More’. We believe everyone has the potential to achieve their ambitions and we are determined to continue in creating opportunities to support this.
Come and join Avanti and be part of the team that will make the difference leveraging our satellite technology that improves access to education, medicine and helps create a safe environment to live and work. Surely everyone deserves this?
As a Customer Solutions Engineer you’ll act as the technology adviser to prospective customers and the wider sales team understanding and converting customers’ requirements into the most effective technical solutions. You will also be responsible for the technical relationship with the customer.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain trusting and collaborative customer technical relationships with new prospects and strategic customer.
- Develop a good understanding of your customers business to help ensure they get so much value out of Avanti’s satellite network that they can’t live without it;
- Be a trusted advisor for your customers and an expert on what Avanti offers. Able to confidently discuss and demonstrate the power of the Avanti network;
- Support the sales team through customer requirement gathering, proposal development and customer communications. Alongside this, you’ll be working with the sales team to identify the customers requirements.
- Collaborate with the Solution Architects to perform communications system design, link budgets and feasibility analysis to develop solutions that meet the customer requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in managing customer technical communications directly including presentation skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Communications Engineering (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time to meet business needs
- Good knowledge of satellite network architectures and IP networking.
- Good understanding of satellite operations, satellite design & manufacturing, communications operations, link budgeting and the sales process
- Good understanding of the cost drivers of satellite/terrestrial solutions
- Good understanding of communications system architecture, VSAT platform technology, network traffic and sizing models
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, solutions-oriented environment
- IP Networking Certification
- Experience in 2G/3G/4D mobile technologies
- Experience in 5G mobile technologies
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme, and life assurance & private medical insurance
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding bank holidays) plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Buy or sell up to 3 holiday days per annum
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Plus, a variety of excellent Employee Funded Benefits available to you
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
By applying for this position, you consent to your personal information being shared with our recruitment outsourcing partner. For further information please visit https://www.avanti.space/privacy-policy/