At Avanti, we pride ourselves in the reliability of our world-class network to provide mission-critical service to our customers; however sometimes things don’t always go to plan, and when they do, we need an exceptional individual with a customer-driven mindset to put them right as a matter of priority. This role is responsible for the speedy restoration of services experiencing outage, performance, or stability issues. Responsible for cross organization collaboration to quickly identify the root cause of the issue and resolve whilst minimising downtime and keeping stakeholders updated and complete a post incident investigation to prevent a recurrence.
In addition, we have created a ‘blended’ role incorporating Incident, Problem and Change management which will provide structure, control and governance over the change management process resulting in the effective delivery of consistent and repeatable processes and reporting required to deliver, high quality support to Avanti’s customers.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- End to end responsibility for the management, communication, escalation, investigation, and resolution of incidents, ensuring Business and Customer updates are timely and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required.
- Acting as Incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks.
- Providing meaningful customer updates and manage expectations on time to fix via Remedy
- Create action plans with named actions & deadlines. Accountable for the delivery of that plan.
- Document post-incident recovery steps in order to establish root cause, aid in process improvements, identify deviations and to enable the creation of a Knowledge Base. Create Major Incident Reports.
- Driving, developing and managing the major incident process and associated procedures/systems.
- Providing consolidated production incident & problem metrics to the Head of Customer Operations along with resolution rates and appropriate trend analysis.
- Be the driving force for the Incident & Problem Management Process in line with the ITIL framework
- Report on and manage Problem tickets through to closure
- Holding regular Problem reviews within Operations
- Overall responsibility for the Change Management policy and process
- Chair weekly CAB and seek approval from all resolver groups of planned changes
- Chair Emergency CAB as and when required, seeking approval from all resolver groups
- Work with TSL to arrange a ‘Pre-change Go/No go’ call ensuring all required parties are confident the change can proceed
- Ensure greater focus is given to change ‘Impact’, ensuring customers service downtime is kept to a minimum
Skills & Qualifications
- Absolute dedication and outstanding attitude of customer care, pro-active and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Incident, Problem and Change management governance and control
- Keeps a cool head under pressure
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders and make decisions that might not always have a consensus
- Demonstrable experience in an Incident Management Role within IT or the satellite industry
- ITIL certified
- Experience in Remedy desired
- Fantastic problem-solving skills and thrives in managing ambiguity and complexity
- Excellent command of the English language skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to be on call 24/7 (as part of the IM on-call shift team)
- Must have the full right to work in the UK
- A true team player who can work collaboratively with all levels across the organisation
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.