Avanti Communications is the leading Ka-band high throughput satellite capacity partner to the communications industry in EMEA – extending and guaranteeing coverage for defence missions, enterprise solutions and critical public services. Through the HYLAS satellite fleet and partners in 118 countries, Avanti provides dedicated fixed and flexible-beam satellite connectivity, with extensive coverage across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Avanti has invested $1.2bn in a network that incorporates orbital slots in the Ka-band spectrum, satellites, ground stations, data centres and a fibre ring.
We are proud to be leading the way in connecting the unconnected as we continue with our journey of delivering on our unique point of view on the world to ‘Be More’. We believe everyone has the potential to achieve their ambitions and we are determined to continue in creating opportunities to support this.
Come and join Avanti and be part of the team that will make the difference leveraging our satellite technology that improves access to education, medicine and helps create a safe environment to live and work. Surely everyone deserves this.
The purpose of the role is to technically lead the management of the ServiceNOC network operations and the global network infrastructure. To deliver the network transformation and automation to provide exceptional customer service experience, as well as new services and innovation.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Technical lead in the management of ServiceNOC network operations
- Management of the Global network covering EMEA
- Management of the Avanti satellite ground network connectivity that includes integration with other Teleport operators global network infrastructure
- Provide technical expertise in the design, scope and implementation of new network solutions for upcoming projects
- Lead the development of network automation initiatives to reduce design to delivery effort
- Apply continual service improvement framework to develop network infrastructure to enhance customer experience
- Apply traffic engineering principles to improve network resiliency and efficient use of all data circuits
- Provide the technical leadership and support to less experienced team members
- Network transformation to provide greater visibility, control, faster delivery of connectivity and increase operational efficiency
- Design and develop the network to provide Network-as-a-Service and integration of cloud connectivity to the Avanti network
- Opportunity to work with Mobile Operators in the integration of their mobile services using satellite technology and enabling ultra-rural connectivity in Africa
- Ensuring the network is available all the time and achieving high service availability provided to customers
- Efficient delivery of services to customers to the agreed delivery timeline.
- Deliver new network design/solutions for services to customers.
- Avanti NOC to Customer NOC coordination to ensure faster issue identification and resolution
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience of Juniper and Fortinet solutions (MX routers, EX switches & SRX/Fotigate firewalls), including network design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Strong working experience in networking technology and working with the Juniper product range listed above; and on Fortinet products
- Demonstrable experience of ISP bandwidth and subscriber management products (DPI) – preferably Sandvine solutions.
- ISP/Telecom experience, preferably with hands-on working experience with MPLS, EVPN and QoS.
- Vendor/industry accreditations
- A computer science degree or equivalent accreditation
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Should have an excellent degree of competency in these technical areas: Networking Protocols/Services: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IPSec, GRE, CGNAT, QoS, EVPN, Multicast
- Demonstrable experience in the administration of network resources – ASN, IP Addressing, etc.
- Excellent traffic/packet analysis skills
- Working knowledge of Linux operational commands
- UK National or MUST have a valid visa to work in UK
- Project management experience in particular to the design and implementation of network infrastructure and solutions
- Travel may be required
- Must have a clean driving licence
- Must have a Full passport without any travel restrictions
- The company operates 24×7 services and this role is required to participate in the on-call rota to support out of office hours emergency support and routine maintenance
- Familiarity with open-source monitoring and graphing tools such as Nagios, Splunk, Cacti/RRDtool, Shinken & Graphite
- Python and Linux Shell Scripting experience
- Working experience in the use of network automation software and tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Git, etc.
- Working experience of SDN and NFV implementations
- An appreciation of the value of a DevOps approach
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme, and life assurance & private medical insurance
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding bank holidays) plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Buy or sell up to 3 holiday days per annum
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Plus, a variety of excellent Employee Funded Benefits available to you
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
By applying for this position, you consent to your personal information being shared with our recruitment outsourcing partner. For further information please visit https://www.avanti.space/privacy-policy/