Avanti Communications is the leading Ka-band high throughput satellite capacity partner to the communications industry in EMEA – extending and guaranteeing coverage for defence missions, enterprise solutions and critical public services. Through the HYLAS satellite fleet and partners in 118 countries, Avanti provides dedicated fixed and flexible-beam satellite connectivity, with extensive coverage across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Avanti has invested $1.2bn in a network that incorporates orbital slots in the Ka-band spectrum, satellites, ground stations, data centres and a fibre ring.
We are proud to be leading the way in connecting the unconnected as we continue with our journey of delivering on our unique point of view on the world to ‘Be More’. We believe everyone has the potential to achieve their ambitions and we are determined to continue in creating opportunities to support this.
Come and join Avanti and be part of the team that will make the difference leveraging our satellite technology that improves access to education, medicine and helps create a safe environment to live and work. Surely everyone deserves this?
This senior role is within the Technology – Security team responsible for building, evolving and securing systems subject to continuous development and release, whilst maintaining high availability of operational services.
Supporting the security of our infrastructure, you will influence the design and strategic direction of our technology roadmap and cloud adoption. This is a proactive role and the successful candidate will need strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and will be expected to make an immediate impact in the environment.
The candidate will work with Head of Shared Services and other members of this team to provide a resilient, secure environment and offer great customer service to the business.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and system security.
- Detect and respond to security incidents.
- Develop and implement preventative security measures including detection, monitoring and exploitation.
- Manage firewall access control lists and policies, securing ingress and egress network traffic and segregating services on the network.
- Manage security tools including intrusion detection systems, web application proxies and endpoint protection services.
- Embed robust information security controls corresponding to the policy framework within relevant business processes, products, services and employee activities across all functions and geographies.
- Ensure enforcement and risk-based assessment of security operations across all key partners and other third parties.
- Triage and manage vulnerabilities identified through scanning and manual efforts.
Skills & Qualifications
- Extensive experience and knowledge in securing web applications, mobile applications, infrastructure and supporting frameworks.
- Expert in conducting vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security reviews including code review and dynamic testing.
- Extensive knowledge of Internet security issues.
- Highly experienced in log analysis and security forensics.
- Expert knowledge on firewall access control lists, network address translation and security policies.
- Familiar with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws.
- Experience with standard web application security tools such as Arachni, Brakeman, and BurpSuite;
- Knowledge of common authentication technologies including OAuth, SAML, CAs, OTP/TOTP;
- Engineering Degree with certification in Security – International Security Certifications: (a) CISM / CISA, (b) CISSP, (c) BS 7799/ISO27001 LA and (d) BS25999/ ISO22301 LA.
- Should have excellent knowledge of security standards like ISO 27001, ISO 22301.
- Excellent knowledge of information security frameworks such as NIST-CSF, COBIT, etc.
- Previous experience in offensive security.
- Previous experience in a security operation centre.
- Experience integrating security into the development lifecycle and CI/CD Pipeline.
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme, and life assurance & private medical insurance
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding bank holidays) plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Buy or sell up to 3 holiday days per annum
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Plus, a variety of excellent Employee Funded Benefits available to you
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
By applying for this position, you consent to your personal information being shared with our recruitment outsourcing partner. For further information please visit https://www.avanti.space/privacy-policy/