Avanti Communications is the leading Ka-band high throughput satellite capacity partner to the communications industry in EMEA – extending and guaranteeing coverage for defence missions, enterprise solutions and critical public services. Through the HYLAS satellite fleet and partners in 118 countries, Avanti provides dedicated fixed and flexible-beam satellite connectivity, with extensive coverage across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Avanti has invested $1.2bn in a network that incorporates orbital slots in the Ka-band spectrum, satellites, ground stations, data centres and a fibre ring.
We are proud to be leading the way in connecting the unconnected as we continue with our journey of delivering on our unique point of view on the world to ‘Be More’. We believe everyone has the potential to achieve their ambitions and we are determined to continue in creating opportunities to support this.
Come and join Avanti and be part of the team that will make the difference leveraging our satellite technology that improves access to education, medicine and helps create a safe environment to live and work. Surely everyone deserves this.
Service Level Manager aims to understand, define and document Service Level Agreements with the customers and to input this information in the solution design in accordance with the agreed service level targets. The foundation to achieve this is to maintain the Services Catalogue. As such the SLM process is also responsible for ensuring that all internal Operational Level Agreements and underpinning supplier and vendor contracts are appropriate to ensure the delivery of the SLAs , while regularly reviewing performance by monitoring and reporting on service levels.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains a catalogue of existing Services offered.
- Formulates, agrees and maintains an appropriate Services Level Management (SLM) structure for the organisation, to include
- SLA structure (e.g. Service based, Customer based or multi-level)
- OLAs with the technology organisation
- Third Party Supplier/Contract Management relationships to the SLM Process
- Accommodating any existing Service Improvement Plans/Programmes within the SLM process
- Supports solution design process through reviewing and ensuring that the SLAs included in the proposed solutions can be delivered.
- Negotiates, agrees, and maintains the Operational Level Agreements with Service Delivery and the relevant Technology Functions
- Negotiates and agrees with both the customer and internally for any Service Level Requirements for any proposed new/developing services.
- Analyses and reviews service performance against the SLAs and OLAs in coordination with the Customer Success Managers and Technical Service Desk
- Assists in the production of regular reports on service performance and achievement to the Customer and internally at an appropriate level.
- Organises and maintains the regular Service Level review process with both Customers and technology provider which covers:
- reviewing outstanding actions from previous reviews
- current performance
- reviewing Service Levels and targets (where necessary)
- reviewing underpinning agreements and OLAs as necessary
- agreeing appropriate actions to maintain/improve service levels.
- initiates any actions required to maintain or improve service levels.
- conducts annual (as appropriate) reviews of the entire Service Level process and negotiates, agrees, and controls any amendments necessary.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering
- Relationship Management skills
- Demonstrable experience of the telecommunication and/or IT services sector
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Patience, tolerance, and resilience.
- Knowledge and experience of contract and/or supplier management roles
- Good people management and administrative skills
- Good understanding of statistical and analytical principles and processes
- Good presentational skills
- Reasonable numeric skills
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of the customer and internal technology and service delivery organisations.
- Reasonable technical understanding of satellite communications and an ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa.
- Experience is satellite communications and services.
- Experience in technical customer facing roles.
- ITIL v3 or v4 Certified.
- PMP or Prince 2 certified
- Experience with ServiceNow, Remedy or BMC Helix
- A Competitive Salary, pension scheme, and life assurance & private medical insurance
- A generous and highly achievable bonus scheme – paid annually based on individual and company performance against targets
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave (excluding bank holidays) plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Buy or sell up to 3 holiday days per annum
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Plus, a variety of excellent Employee Funded Benefits available to you
In addition to the above responsibilities, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
By applying for this position, you consent to your personal information being shared with our recruitment outsourcing partner. For further information please visit https://www.avanti.space/privacy-policy/